Friday, June 10, 2011

Some housekeeping

Okay, it's been roughly a year since I started linking to the blog, so this is sort of an anniversary. I've got some actual posts coming up very shortly (got about four in the works at varying stages of completion) but today I just want to do some housekeeping.

Firstly, the blog has a Twitter account, @Benev_Ment - following it will mean you get notified every time I post a new blog, including stuff that you wouldn't get by just checking here manually, such as the guest post I did recently on Partial Objects. I think Blogger has built-in RSS capability so if you want to follow it that way, go nuts, but be aware that I have no idea how to do anything with it, so I can't guarantee that it works.

Secondly, comment! Agree, disagree, criticise, build on what I've said - whatever. I have thought about putting ads on here but let's face it, it wouldn't make enough money to be worth the effort, with current rates of traffic. But that's fine because this was never meant to be a money-making exercise, it's a learning exercise - it's something that gives me motivation to write more often, and to get valuable feedback from you guys. Am I onto something? Am I an idiot? Am I on the right track but missing a key detail? Then tell me! And not via Twitter, or when I link it on Facebook - I really want to foster discussion, so if you have the urge to say something, please do so here, in the comments. All posts and no comments make Jack a dull blog!

Finally, if there are any general comments about the blog that you have - about the content, the site itself, the update frequency, whatever - let me know in the comments to this post, and I'll see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment